[TR] frame to axle clearance tr-3

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 19:21:22 MDT 2008

List,
On my tr-3 restoration i have bolted the diff/axle to the springs and
springs to frame and something doesn't look right.  The axle is tight against
the frame and even jumping on the frame only brings the frame down an inch or
so.  I still need to tie the rubber pads on the axle (which i overlooked doing
before) so that will make the clearance between frame and axle even tighter.
I find it unlikely that mounting the body on the frame will be heavy enough to
spring the frame down and provide good clearance.  Also the diff seems to be
too low (it seems the drive shaft will line up with the hole in the X where
the exhaust goes through) rather than over the floor.  Wonder if I'm missing
something or has anyone else had this problem.  I shoulda taken more
pictures........

anyway any thots?

gary n.