[TR] Carpeting and seat tracks (TR3, house resto too)

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Thu Sep 25 08:48:48 MDT 2008

John Gillis wrote:

>There is good sound advice coming in on this thread, which is of interest to me
>as I am also approaching that stage, but as yet nobody has answered the question: what was the original set-up?

Wasn't the original set-up rubber floor mats? :)

Speaking of restorations, to finish edging a flower bed I recently
drove the TR4 out to pick up some "vintage" building materials (aka a
pile of old bricks) in a nearby neighorhood. The owner of the
late-sixties modernist house mentioned she recently sold the original
dark wood paneling to a fellow who was restoring his own late-sixties
modernist house to "original" -- which required a terribly dark and
depressing wood-paneled den. Sadly, my '73 house is period-incorrect for
my Triumph, but maybe I could restore my garage to sixties
specification? Paint a big peace sign on my old Snap-on box? What would
you original hippie Triumph owners do?

Steven "too young to remember" Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4