[TR] Carpeting and seat tracks

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 25 07:42:20 MDT 2008

I installed a length of 1/8" thick x 1" wide flat stock aluminum the length
of the seat track. There are 4 pieces for each seat. Two on the inside on
top of the carpet and two underneath the car per seat. I did this as added
strength to prevent the seat track bolts from ripping through the floor in
an accident. I saw this happen many years ago with the seats in a VW Bug
which are fasten the same way. I have seat belts in  my TR3 that would
further aid in keeping the seat where it is suppose to be. Some may consider
this over kill (no pun intended) but I ride with more piece of mind.
Alex Manzo