[TR] TR3A Gauges

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 19:02:47 MDT 2008

> I am shocked to hear of complaints concerning MO-MA. Back in 2002, I sent
> all six gauges for restoration and although they looked rather rough initially,
> I was and still am pleased with the finished product. The owner, Margaret
> Lucas, was a model of professionalism throughout the entire process with notes
> concerning completion date, price, etc. I don't know if Margaret is still
> involved with the business but if not it is another example of new owners
> dragging
> down the service and product while retaining the price.

Your experience may vary and all that.  First, rudeness is not in my nature.  I've talked to Margaret several times and like her as all do.

Second, all I know is I kept getting pushed to the back of the line so they could take care of their long-time business associates with Pebble Beach and whatnot.  That's what they told me and I believe them.

Sorry, but I don't accept being deemed less important for any reason.  Not when I'm paying over $700 for the privilege.

...And when the gauges came back, the needles were yellow and bent like when I sent them and the fule gauge stopped working shortly after.

All that said, I have to say that in three years restoring the TR3A, I have nothing but positive (actually, giddy) things to say about TRF, Moss, British Frame and Engine, and Victoria British.

And as for Randall and this List, the terms Zeus and Olympians come to mind, ...but that would probably seem hyperbolic?

:o)

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire