[TR] TR3 Defrost Vent Fitting

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 19:50:26 MDT 2008

I am installing the steering on my TR3 and when I tried to fit the defrost
nozzle, which goes first over the top 2 screws that secure the upper part of
the dash on the driver's side before the steering support bracket, I cannot
get it to align so the nozzle opening faces up and into the vent opening.
What is preventing this to line up properly is the metal tube for the wiper
wire that runs to the wheel box. I removed the cover plate on the wheel box
and positioned the tube/wire so it was out of the way and the nozzle then
fits up as should be. I can see no way that the tube can be routed so that
it would not get in the way of the nozzle.  Anyone that has BTDT and can
offer some advise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3A