[TR] S.O.S.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 22:49:53 MDT 2008

> Trying to find a shipper to send parts from Connecticut to
> Los Angeles, probably on a pallet. By truck or maybe train -
> looking for some advice. Would greatly appreciate help.

Does it have to be door-to-door, or can you deliver and pickup to/from a
terminal?  If the latter, you might check out Forward Air.  In spite of
their name and the verbiage on their website, they do handle surface
shipping at low rates.  I had a whole pallet-load of Triumph parts shipped
to LA from Texas a few years back; as I recall the shipping bill was around
$130.  UPS was going to be over 5 times that much.
http://www.forwardair.com
They appear to have a terminal in Windsor Locks, CT; and the LA-area
terminal is in Carson, CA; not far from where the 710 freeway meets the 91.

Randall