[TR] why a group 27(24) ? battery

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 15:12:59 MDT 2008

> I am most excited with the group 31P battery, it has a CCA of 1110amps

What brand was that, Paul?  Neither Delco nor Exide seem to have specs quite
that high, even for a 31P battery (which is a heavy diesel truck model).

> What reason is there for going with Group 27 or is it group 24

Well, weight would be one reason, for me.  A 31P weighs upwards of 60
pounds, while a group 24 is only about half that.

Not to mention the reinforcements for the battery box <G>

Randall