[TR] why a group 27(24) ? battery

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 16 14:07:46 MDT 2008

I've seen agood many batterys,  shopping for my TR3A.  Thru this list I
learned that group 27 was the right size.  However,  I found even some sizes
that I wonder might be even better than the group 27.  A group 49 battery is
13.5" wide, and a group 31 battery fits my 14" battery well better.

I am most excited with the group 31P battery, it has a CCA of 1110amps and a
RC (residual capacity) of 180.  The RC was told to me by the salesman who
looked it up on the computer.
Most batteries have a RC of just  80-95.

This group 31P battery is about 13" wide x 7"x 9" tall (Including Posts), an
RC of 180 and CENTER POSTS.  (Meaning no need to swap battery around since
both + and - posts are neither nearer the firewall or engine side, but right
smack in the middle (posts are still on the ends)

What reason is there for going with Group 27 or is it group 24
Thanks, Paul  TR3A '60

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 926 spam emails to date.