[TR] Disconnected BU Lead Near Bulb Relay, '76 TR6

Scott A. Butler scott at sabutler.com
Tue Sep 16 06:20:11 MDT 2008

My 1976 TR6 has a disconnected wire near the Bulb Test Relay and I can't
figure out what it's supposed to be connected to. It's Black/Blue and
Masters' Handbook reports it is the "Grounding Lead from LH Seat sensor to
seat belt interlock module."

I'm wondering (a) What this BU lead plugs into, and if the answer is
"seatbelt interlock module," (b) where is this module and what does it look
like?

Some other facts/clues:

- The BU lead has enough slack in it that it looks like it should connect to
the Bulb Test Relay.
- I've sorted out the previous owner's handiwork at the Bulb Test Relay
(BTR) with the help of Master's (Excellent) Handbook and it doesn't connect
to the BTR, per schematics. This BU lead is the only wiring orphan in the
vicinity.
- There are no other male 1/4" spades in the vicinity: just the BTR and the
Horn Relay.

Thanks,
Scott Butler
Chagrin Falls, OH