[TR] cordless power tools--some lbc content

Dixie dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Fri Sep 12 20:54:51 MDT 2008

Hi Terry,

Here in UK Dewalt have a very strong following by proffessional
craftsmen. This usually a good indication of a products' worth.

They do seem expensive but following the idea that you always get the
quality that you pay for they maybe not as expensive as first thought.

Makita had exceptional quality and price when trying to capture world
markets about 30 years ago I did a lot of research at the time as I
almost took up the UK sales managers job for Makita
(Xerox won out in the end).
No experience on the modern Makita power tools although I would say they
rank below Dewalt.

I would look out for Lithium Iron battery powered cordless tools. These
do not have the memory effect that has been the bane of all cordless
tools in the past more expensive but cheaper in the long run.

Interestingly our UK equivalent to Home depot have cheap Chinese
imported items for a fraction of the cost of branded ones. I bought an
angle grinder for the equivalent of less than 10 dollars having the
thought that when it wears out throw it away. 10 years later it still
works fine, just lucky maybe.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O