[TR] oil pump/oil pressure assumptions/guesses

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 16:53:56 MDT 2008

Gary, I have posted this information before, and if it was to you, I  am
sorry.  I helped a friend rebuild his newly rebuilt TR motor.  No  Oil Pressure.
He was puzzled because the new drive gear and shaft assembly was slightly
longer that the old.  After careful study I found that the pin though the  gear
assembly securing it to the shaft had sheared and allowed the shaft to move
up in the gear assembly making the whole assembly shorter and not able to reach
 the oil pump shaft.
My only conclusion is that when the dizzy was installed the tine did not
line up in the slot so brute force was applied.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO