[TR] tr3 engine timing

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 12 12:51:43 MDT 2008

Johnnie,

I installed Pertronix in my 4A last year, and have had no problems with it.
Timing it was very easy - follow the book method for lining up the rotor
with #1 tube, then fine tune. I find using a strobe is worthless since the
advance weights start providing advance at a very low RPM, so I get it close
then adjust by ear. Starts first time every time, idles beautifully, and
pulls great right thru 5000 RPM.

Make sure the PCV valve is in place and the oil filler cap is on tight.
These really affect idle RPM.

Brian
67 TR4a

Message: 3