[TR] undercoating removal

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 17:43:00 MDT 2008

Larry,
Let me tell you a story.  My 69 TR6 lived in Canada it's whole life  before
moving to Florida and the chassis was coated with that tar/rubberized
undercoating, which I did not like.  I put the car up on jack stands  and with my air
chisel went at it.  It was dirty, noxious, exhausting work,  but it came off.
I used a sharpened file as a hand tool when  necessary.
I went in the house, dragging my arse, to shower and rid myself of the
remnants.  On the way to the shower I walked past the bed which called to  me like
the Sirens luring Greek sailors to the rocks.  I laid down,  just for a
moment, and fell dead asleep.  My wife caught me, and I  leaped from the bed,
revealing a large gob of tar stuck to the pillowcase;  previously stuck to the back
to my head.
However you do it, don't lie down afterward.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO