[TR] 1972 TR6 Overzealous At Idle - Thanks To All

Jerry Cole cole.jw at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 22:22:26 MDT 2008

 Thank you to all who responded to my question about my TR6 idle issue,
offlist and on. I little more than touched the front carb bypass valve
adjustment screw and it all came back into line. I don't think it has ever
run better. It is much less cold blooded now, too. I enjoyed a victory ride
with my 9-year-old son Alex this evening.

 I have been restoring Triumphs for about 12 years now, but have been
restoring Mercedes since 1984. One thing I have noticed is that the Triumph
crowd is much more helpful and less critical on a personal level and I
appreciate that. With the help of this list over the years, my TR6 has gone
from a partially stripped basketcase under a tarp in a back yard on Beacon
Hill in Seattle, to a shiny beauty (in its original Damson color) in my
garage. It has been a bumpy ride, but well worth it.

Jerry Cole
Lakewood, WA.
1972 TR6 (Helen Back)
1981 Lancia Beta