[TR] TR3a extra switch locations?

Jim Wallace grandfatherjim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:44:54 MDT 2008

My >60K 3a now has much of a Dan Masters wiring harness in place.
Now I need a location for a hazard light switch, electric fan switch and
indicator lamp, and one or two 12 v outlets.
There isn't a whole lot of extra space...I'm thinking of making a couple of
small panels, one on either side of the bottom of the centre instrument
panel, with their bottoms flush with the instrument panel. (Because it
appears anything directly below the instrument panel will interfere with the
shift lever, which is not installed yet.)
I will be installing Miata seats, but they won't be in for a while and I'd
like to get all these dangling wires out of the way in the meantime.

So the question is, will I be de-kneecapitated by a new little switch
cluster in this location, or is there planty of room? I'm about 5'10".

Or any other suggestions? I'd even like an extra gauge, or two, if I could
only find a decent spot.

Thanks,
Jim