[TR] Positive Ground Accessory question

dlylis at aol.com dlylis at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 19:32:26 MDT 2008

Carl,

Where are you in Tampa with a TR3A in process?? I am in Safety Harbor with the end in sight with my 60.? I have been through the MP3 question with my TR6.? I installed a Pioneer deck with MP3 capability and then installed an interface for my iPod.? It is not as complicated as it sounds to be sure and the set up charges the iPod, while it lies in the glove box.? You can run the iPod from the deck in the dash, but I get the sense you do not want modern electronics in your 3A.? Don't blame you.? After much research, and maybe I was talking to the wrong people, you have to install a minimum 50 Watt deck to run MP3 for sound in the car.?I could not find just an amp to bury somewhere out of sight.??
TR3A is a noisy machine and I don't know that it is worth the effort.? I find?that with this setup in my TR6 the entertainment is, well, entertaining, only at slow speeds.? With the speeds in Florida I mostly cannot hear it very clearly.?