[TR] Positive Ground Accessory question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 18:32:49 MDT 2008

> In the meantime - thinking about long trips and no radio.   Is there some
> way to hook up accessories (cd/mp3) to a positive ground electrical
> system.

I agree with what's been written, just wanted to add a couple of points.

I would suggest using a self-resetting circuit breaker (normally used for
power windows and such, available at any auto parts store) instead of a fuse
for the cigarette lighter, if you stick with positive ground.  The price of
the circuit breaker will buy a lot of fuses, but it's annoying to have to
stop and change them.

And, I'd like to point out that in most states, it is illegal to wear
headphones while driving a car; and that listening to speakers in a moving
TR3 requires more audio power than you are likely to get from the usual
'Walkman' type speakers.

Randall