[TR] Temp gauge failure

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 13:14:32 MDT 2008

Joe,

If it died suddenly I might suspect a wiring issue but since it quietly
passed away, I'd check the sensor.  I'm not sure how much the  resistance (i.e.,
how many ohms) should change but you should see some change  between cold
engine and normal engine.  Have you tried removing the sensor  lead and grounding
it for a few seconds to see if you get any swing from the  gauge?

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 9/8/2008 2:56:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,