[TR] Temp gauge failure

Joe Merone jmerone at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:49:31 MDT 2008

The temperature gauge on my TR6 is the one instrument that has worked without
much deviation or any failure for years - until now.  The normal operating
temperature usually reads slightly below the 1/2 mark, but for the past week
it wouldn't go up over the 1/4 mark.  Now nothing - it won't budge off the
bottom.  I've fiddled around behind the dash to make sure that everything is
connected, and traced the wire up to the sensor near the thermostat.  I think
that it all seems where it's supposed to be.  Any ideas?  Do these things just
die?  I did replace the voltage stabilizer last year when it was on the fritz,
but don't know if there's any connection.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928