[TR] TR4A Pistons

Michael Godley mgodley at tiac.net
Sun Sep 7 07:18:31 MDT 2008

Andrew,

I have the 87MM in my 4A, improved performance and no problems.  My thought
on the 89MM is that they are expensive, the last time I looked they were
hundreds more that the 87mm.  Might to better to go with 87mm and spend the
extra $$ on headers, exhaust or some other performance
improvements....others on the board are more knowledgeable on these
matters...but it's an interesting question...let us know what you decide to
do.

Mike Godley
65TR4A

"I'm having an engine rebuild on my 1967 TR4A and am considering upgrading
the pistons to either 87mm or 89mm. The car is strictly for street driving.
I'd like to get more power out of the engine but fear 89mm may be too much"