[TR] Header for Mk I GT6

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 21:59:44 MDT 2008

> On 6 Sep 2008 at 18:03, Randall wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a source for a tubular header for a Mk I GT6?

Jim replied:
> I have what I think is an original GT6 Mk I intake.  But
> maybe you mean exhaust.

Yes, I meant tubular exhaust header (manifold).

> And what for you want a GT6 header?  You building up
> something special?  Does a GT6 motor fit in the Stag?

I've actually heard they fit quite well (though the 2.5L TR6 motor is likely
a better choice and fits just as well).

But it was not I seeking the GT6 header, I was only playing Cyrano for a
friend not on the list.

If I were interested in upgrading the Stag, I'd be looking for something
with a bit more power than the stock 3.0 SOHC V8; like maybe a 4.9 Rover or
something.  But at least at the moment, I'm not interested.

Randall