[TR] Clutch slippage

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 21:50:05 MDT 2008

> Yes, it does.  But how quickly I can't determine under the
> car, since the symptom is only noticeable under spirited driving.

That shouldn't be an issue, since the springs in the PP will push it back
much quicker than the return spring will.  I was just thinking maybe you
were managing to get the slave "pumped up", which can take some time to flow
through the relatively small diameter tubing and openings.

And if the slave moves freely enough for the return spring to push it home,
then it's not likely your problem is binding within the slave.

> I'll give the Pedal assembly a look. Then again, I've had
> enough new parts on this that didn't last long, it could be
> the MC or slave.

I still think the most likely suspect (outside the bellhousing anyway) is
the flexible line.  Although not common, the inner lining can break in such
a way that it sometimes restricts fluid flow one way, like a check valve.

Assuming of course your clutch isn't simply worn out and slipping as Jeff
suggests.

Randall