[TR] TR 6 loss of power

john taylor jat1127 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:14:23 MDT 2008

Listers,

 Someone has been writing about loss of power on a TR6.

 When the car is running poorly I would separate the throttle linkage between
the two carbs. Then with the motor warm rev the motor with each carb and see
if the issue is with just one.

 The car may have a blocked float vent on one carb. When you open the throttle
you get one carb suppling a proper mixture and the other mostly or only air.
Soooo mush air that it will run but be flat.

 Seems to me that there are two vents. One the same size as the fuel inlet and
the other a "tiny" hole near the throttle plate but it has been a long time
and I have seen this exact issue.

John

John Taylor
Greenfield, Ma
Gloucester, Ma
USA.

* ALWAYS BE SAFE *

Life is not a race.....you do not want to finish first.