[TR] Nitrogen in Tires

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 2 12:18:01 MDT 2008

> Water vapor certainly does not follow the gas laws at
> these conditions and the water vapor may condense at ordinary temperatures

Which begs the question : just how wet is 'normal' tire store air?  The
really wet air I've seen is always from those cheap "instant on" pumps at
gas stations, that struggle to hit 35 psi.  Every tire store I've been to
has a big tank that gets pumped up to 175 psi or so, generally (tho not
always) allowed to cool mostly to room temperature, then regulated down and
run through a dryer before going into your tire.  Not a terribly effective
drying system, but it takes out a lot of water.  Enough that it's not going
to condense inside the tire unless the tire gets really cold.

Randall