[TR] Nitrogen in Tires

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Tue Sep 2 06:47:06 MDT 2008

Personally I can't see the point to it.  Air is already approx 78% nitrogen
(and 21% oxygen) and the nitrogen molecule is just a bit bigger than an
oxygen molecule.  So, to me, putting pure nitrogen into a tire , as opposed
to plain old air, will have no affect on how fast a tire looses air
pressure.

Mark

Message: 14