[TR] What to Keep Off the soon to be recycled TR3

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Tue Sep 2 05:52:04 MDT 2008

List,
I've got most everything off the 57 TR3 that I think need to be
retained. Not necessarily fo my use but maybe something down the road
someone needs.

Part of what is guiding me is the Moss catalog and the parts they
list as NA. There are some items such as the exhaust header and the
read drums that really look ok, especially the inside of the drums
where there is still a  lot of shiny metal and that after sitting
outside for 15 tears or so.

The drivers side front end had major damage that really put several
kinks into the frame so I'd not trust any suspension parts on that side.

The passenger side (US car) front suspension seems ok. according to
the catalog, there are several of the front end components that are
NA. Is that really correct and does the list recommend dismantling
the front end and saving these parts for use by me or someone in the
future?  I'm basically a pack rat, but I'm trying to reduce the
amount of "stuff" I keep.
I do intend to keep a catalog of what I've got referenced by Moss part number.

So let me know as my wife would like for me to get the upside down
carcass out of the back yard!

Doug