[TR] Nitrogen in Tires

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Mon Sep 1 20:04:59 MDT 2008

On 1 Sep 2008 at 17:33, don wrote:

> Anyway, I wonder it the deterioration could have been slowed or
> prevented if they were not oxidizing, but instead had nitrogen
> instead of air in them.

Several thoughts come to mind.  1. Even with notrogen in the inside
the tires would still be exposed to air on the outside. 2. The PO
neede to have used nitrogen only for the 22% that wasn't nitrogen
already.  3. If the PO had rotated the air like he was supposed to
the tires might have lasted longer.

And don't even think of using NOS tire air.  It ages even just
sitting in the stockroom.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com