[TR] Strange engine miss

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 1 00:52:39 MDT 2008

> I am guessing this is the cause of the problem and need to
> fix the timing.  How do I get the rotor to point to cylinder 1??

That's normally done by rotating the distributor body.  If you can't turn it
that far (because the advance is hitting the head), you'll need to remove
the pedestal and change the engagement of the drive gear with the camshaft.

But equally important is where the points open as the shaft turns.  If the
points are opening with the rotor pointing between cylinders, then there is
something wrong inside the distributor, like perhaps the centrifugal advance
mechanism has come apart.

Randall