[TR] body to sill fit

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 21:17:31 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/31/2008 10:27:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
flashtr3 at cox.net writes:

Hi  Gary,
When I did my resto on my TR3A, I had several members of our club  come and
help me align the body to frame. It was not that bad in aligning  body to
frame
mounts by using guide pins or long drifts helped in the  alignment. However I
did not have two clips to align and that could be a  problem for you if the
measurements are not correct.
The body does not  sit on the door sills (rocker panel).  Good luck,

Ibsen  Dow
TS35658LO

Gary,
I replaced both of my sills in  1987. They fit was horrible. At the  time I
was convinced they wre for psot TS60,000 cars. A man who made car bodies  has
an English wheel etc. He came over and fitted them. It involved  literally
unfolding, cutting and refolding the sills.I welded them in (thank God  for
fillers). Unl;ess they've changed a lot, it is a real job for a pro to fit  them.
Mike Moore
TS41723LO
5 Travel Deals!