[TR] inner sills

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 19:01:03 MST 2008

Mine were coated with a thin layer of black glossy paint when I got them
from TRF. I sanded the paint off and sprayed the area between the inner
and outer sills with a few good coats of cold galvanizing compound. I
don't know if this was the best thing to do, but at the time it seemed
far better than doing nothing. I first used weld-through primer in the
areas that I was going to be welding then sprayed the rest with the cold
galvanizing compound.

I chose not to use POR-15 as I have heard that it does not adhere well
to fresh clean steel. I have used it on rough pitted areas and have been
very impressed so far.

Mike