[TR] TR4 console bracket identification

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 28 12:36:09 MST 2008

Hi everybody
   Piggott's book implies that there are three or four different styles of the TR4 dashboard "console bracket".  I believe he's talking about the cast aluminum brace that bolts to the floor, but it's possible that some comments refer to the pressed steel radio mounting plate (or blanking plate), which may have corresponding change points.
   Here are the four types of the aluminum bracket, if I'm interpreting correctly:

Early shape with vinyl wrap, before CT 1527.
Revised shape with black crackle finish, CT 1527 to January 1962.
Unspecified revision (possibly vinyl again, maybe US only), Jan to March 1962.
Unspecified revision (return to black crackle?), after March 1962.

   Can anyone shed light on this?
1. What are the changes?
2. Did other parts change at the same time?
3. Are all black crackle-finished brackets the same?
   Thanks!

-Nick Wolf
"Early" TR4 (ZS 010966)
Winner of Tyee Triumph Club's 2008 Spooky Rallye!
Seattle, WA