[TR] drill bits and taps

Nolan opposumking at verizon.net
Sun Oct 26 18:40:31 MST 2008

For steel drilling, I've been pretty satisfied with some of the Bosch bits I
have.

Overall though, proper sharpening has been the thing, and my drill doctor
lets me take mediocre drill bits and make them into fine drill bits.  A tool
like the Drill Doctor lets you sharpen bits consistently, which is darn
important.

Tap and Die sets you seem to very much get what you pay for.  Wish it
weren't so, as it hurts the wallet.  For whatever reason, I keep seeing old
Napa taps and dies at car shows, constantly.  Of my mutt sets, none seem
particularly better than another, as long as we're talking good names.