[TR] 1975 TR6

Joseph Mannino joseph_mannino at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 19:27:06 MDT 2008

I am considering buying a 1975 TR6 with 68K mi. and need some guidance.
Firstly, I'm not a great mechanic and I'm not looking for a headache.  Just
want a third car to drive on sunny, summer days.

On the VTR website, there
seems to be some great info on what goes wrong with these cars.  Things like
rear hubs, transmission, and U-joints sound like a expensive nightmare to
repair.  I have been reading about the wearing out of Thrust Washers and
testing them.   Do all engines go through this problem, what causes it?
Is
there a particular year that is better than others??

I have a friend that I
have yet to call, he is the original owner of a 1974 BRG TR6.  I'm sure he can
also shed some more light on this "risky" subject.

Any information you can
offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joseph C. Mannino