[TR] Bench Bleeding

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 21:00:55 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/24/2008 6:10:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mathews at uga.edu writes:

The  latest auto tech school books have bench bleeding as the standard
for  installing / rebuilding a master cylinder. Obviously from the
post on the  subject, it still works the "older" way.  My text says it
removes air  from inside the MC.  I guess that might make it a little
easier in  that it might put less air in the lines resulting in less
bleeding all  around.

Doug

In 1966, I was out of town and my wife called and told me she had no brakes
on the family car (62 Chrysler) as the pedal went to the floor. She walked to
the Chrysler dealership, and they told her she needed a master cylinder. They
 showed her how to remove it. She took it off, waited while it was rebuilt
and  bench bled, then walked it back and installed it.
 Voila!

Mike Moore
no registration required and great graphics b check it out!