[TR] TR3 Steering wheels

William McLeod wbmcleod at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:25:42 MDT 2008

Check the Wikipedia article on bakelite.  One of the properties of
bakelite steering wheels is that they slowly disintegrate in
sunlight.  I don't believe bakelite is made any more (gives off
poisonous fumes in very small quantities) but it was pretty impressive
stuff.  In addition to steering wheels, ash trays, knobs and even some
distributor rotors were made from bakelite.

Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson