[TR] bolts for bump rubber pedestal

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 19 19:08:11 MDT 2008

I found the 2 parts of my TR3's chassis that hold the Bump Rubber at an angle
under the front shocks.  The bump rubber is fastened on the bigger one which
itself is bolted to the chassis.  Trouble is, is that I've lost the bolts.  It
looks like there are proably 2 bolts with nuts and lockwashers which run thru
a 1/2" tube on each side of the car.  I'd guess the bolts are 4 to 5" long.

I'm guessing that I can replace them with 3/8" or 7/16" bolts.  Is there
anything special about bolts?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3