[TR] Tire choices

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Oct 18 17:54:21 MDT 2008

Hello Everyone,
I know at least I have asked this question before and I certainly don't want
to start one of "those threads" but here goes.
I have a TR4A IRS that I am restoring and I am at the point of purchasing
tires. I have a set of stock TR4A steel wheels but I also have a set of
early TR6 wheels which I would like to install first. Is there anybody on
the list who owns a TR4 or TR4A body style which has TR6 wheels on it that
could give me some guidance on tire sizes that will fit in the wheel wells
without hitting the fenders? Yes, I would like to put the widest tire
possible under the car. At some point I will probably purchase a set of
alloy wheels so I am hoping to transfer the tires from the TR6 wheels to the
alloy wheels.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS (kinda stock)