[TR] GT6

Jim cartr4a at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 14 21:13:42 MDT 2008

The vacuum advance/retard units are not easy to find.  I searched for years to
find a working one without any luck.  The retard side was used to decrease
idle speed to reduce emissions, it's not needed.  The important thing is to
time the ignition as though the retard isn't there (actually, it isn't).
Instead of timing my GT6 MKI at 4 degrees ATDC (recommended setting with the
retard), it's timed at 8 degrees BTDC.

Jim
1968 GT6 MKI
http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000