[TR] GT6

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 20:34:15 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/14/2008 10:15:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
TRDOCTOR at aol.com writes:

I  recently purchased a '72 GT6 (drove it home from Ozark, MO Saturday) and
need some advice/info.  The car has what seems to be a non stock coil  (with
external ballast) and a bad vacuum retard unit.  Any idea  which coil set up
is
stock and where I can find a retard unit?   Other than that it is pretty
much
all original.  Any help would  be appreciated and there will be more
questions
to  follow!!!
==AM==
Sam, I can't help on the vacuum unit, but a '72 GT6 would've had an  external
ballast resistor as original, along with a 6v Lucas (originally) coil.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)