[TR] ZDDP availability????????????????

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 13 11:08:28 MDT 2008

List,
I was told that our older cars (without cat. converters) needed ZDDP.  Several
oil labels mentioned having this including: Valvoline 20w-50 Racing Oil, (I
think) Rotella Diesel Oils, etc.

I was also told about STP Red label but cannot find it locally.  Then I read
somewhere that it didn't have that much zddp. Maybe
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=47699
0&fpart=1

I was then told about "GM E.O.S. Assembly Lubricant", part # 1052367. Gr
8.800. and locally I called the Cadallac dealer who said it was discontiued
several years ago, but, might be coming back.

The chevy dealer has some at  $21.00

This additive is also in valvoline's synpower oil, and other synthetics, but,
I wish to avoid synthetics for break-in.

Ebay doesn't show it, does anyone know where I can get it for less  than $21

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for Personal use.

The Trial and Professional version does not have this message in the email