[TR] Catastrophic oil line failure for oil pressure gauge

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sun Oct 12 14:40:56 MDT 2008

thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:
> Just to pass this on.  On Friday, my wife and I were heading to lunch.
> The oil line that drives the oil pressure gauge failed at the gauge, and
> proceeded to insert 2 quarts of oil into my 1972 Triumph TR6.   It was
> like a bad horror movie when the walls start to bleed.

Fortunately it opened in the passenger compartment.

When they break at the block connection, you learn about it when your
rods start knocking and the bearings start spinning.

A popular conversion is replacing the old poly line using copper line,
and the second popular conversion is to replace the line and gauge with
a sending unit and electric gauge.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)