[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 502

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 18:19:48 MDT 2008

I bought and installed some 'economical' headlights for my TR4. They
take modern H4 bulbs.

They have started to suffer from a milky film on the inside of the lens.

I recognise I need to upgrade these lights long-term. However, to help
me out short-term, is there an effective way to remove this film?

It is surprisingly stubborn. I have tried wiping around with a swab.
While effective, the bulb mount severely limits access. I'm hoping for
some cool, proven suggestion like 'swill with coke', or 'shake with
rice' or 'chop up pencil erasers and roll them around'.

Anyway, if someone has a neat, proven way to do this, I'd love to
learn it.

Thanks,

Brian