[TR] drilling out spot welds, steel guage

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 20:22:39 MDT 2008

Gary,
As to the gauge of steel, I took a piece of my front wing to my local
industrial supplier and was assured that it was 18 gauge.  I had an  unfortunate
surprise that a rather large area of both front wings needed to be  replaced.  I
knew there was some but in the end it was larger than the  "patch pieces" the
big 3 sell would handle.  I used 18.  Having said  all that, if you are
repairing much smaller areas, 20 is much easier to work and  for smaller areas
that's what I did.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO