[TR] drilling out spot welds, steel guage

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 15:48:00 MDT 2008

I'm curious about what people are using to drill out  spot welds.  I've been
using regular drill bits (bought more expensive one at Sears which didn't help
a whole lot) and I find they don't last long.  I'm just wondering what others
have found to work well.  Do the special spot weld drill bits work well?  Or
are there more expensive regular bits that work just as well?

Also does
anyone know what guage steel tr-3 bodies are made of?  I'll be needing to buy
some replacement steel soon.

thanks!
gary n.