[TR] dielectric grease

Nolan opposumking at verizon.net
Tue Oct 7 07:55:07 MDT 2008

For all intents and purposes, greases don't conduct electricity worth a
darn.  Glob some on your points and see for yourself.

That said, in the application of a horn ring, any grease would indeed work.
Oem grease on horn rings seems to be bearing grease.   It doesn't have to
insulate, just lubricate a metal ring.  Just about anything would work.

Now as far as gooping up my computer CPU pins with axle grease, I'll pass on
that.

My understanding of dielectric grease specifically is a waterproof corrosion
protector that won't short.  That's all.