[TR] Genuine Lucas Sleeve/Rubber for Pre TS50000 TR2/3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 14:09:15 MDT 2008

> Have you contacted Ken Giilanders at British Frame and
> Engine? The one he put in  TS41723L has worked just fine
> since 1990.

Ken had a special "fail safe" version made that provided the cushioning but
did not rely on bonded rubber to do so.  Basically steel 'paddles' bearing
on rubber in compression.  But he told me I got the last one maybe 10 years
ago now, and he wasn't planning on having any more made due to slow sales
and general lack of interest.

But maybe if there is sufficient demand from those unwilling to install the
gear-drive starter; Ken could be persuaded to sell/donate the design to
someone like Joe Alexander or Charles Runyon to have another run made.

Randall