[TR] TR4A crankshafts

Jim Wallace grandfatherjim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:51:58 MDT 2008

I checked the journal for the seal on the Fergie crank and as near as I can
tell it is 2.815". However, I'm not totally certain the arms on the calipers
are long enough to really hit the max. diameter. I thnk so. Also, there is a
bit of surface rust...
But if this number is quite far off what is expected for those kits, then we
know something.

Jim
===================================
From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>
> The main bearings are the same size, and the front oil seal
> is the same, but the rear oil seal on the MF crank is the
> spring around-the-rubber type, rather than the scroll seal.
> So you will have to get the aluminium piece that holds the seal.

A source of those pieces MIGHT be a rubber seal conversion kit for the TR3,
available from most LBC vendors.  However, you'd need to check that either
the MF crank journal is the same size as required for the conversion; or
that the MF seal will fit in the conversion frame.

Randall