[TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

Skip Gurnee skip47 at clearwire.net
Wed Nov 19 16:20:47 MST 2008

Terry wrote:

> What do you think is best for a high school kid with proneness for
> personal
> mayhem?B  ...I'm guessing vintage VW bug with a bad cylinder.

The kid will find a way to get in trouble, no matter what the car.  I'm
surprised anyone survives teenage years, knowing my history of dumb moves,
and those of almost every male I know (females are more likely, but not
certainly, to be less "enthusiastic").  So my suggestion is to attend your
nearest SCCA Solo 2 event and get some education in car control.  We did a
special event for teens this year, well received. See www.renoscca.org for
details on the Tire Rack Street Survival School (targeted to teach teens
safe driving skills).
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4