[TR] Teenager vehicle

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Wed Nov 19 13:21:05 MST 2008

This what I had to drive when I lived at home and even today I still drive
a VW diesel.  For both reasons given: slow and manual, they are great for a
teenager.  They will also come to appreciate how far they can go on a tank
of fuel.

Just this summer my step-son bought his first car, a TR7.  This is a
restoration project, to be on the road for next summer.

What I do like about this vehicle as a first vehicle is that it has side
impact beams, and some level of roll-over protection and real bumpers and
reasonably good fuel consumption numbers, and it was cheap (even given the
work we need to do to it).

Mark

Subject: Re: [TR] Teenager vehicle

How about a Rabbit diesel?