[TR] TR3 Carb float overflow

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 05:20:21 MST 2008

Is this all the time?  Unpredictably intermittent? After the car sits  for a
while?
I have heard similar complaints; had them myself, and the blame tends to go
to ethanol in the fuel, but I am not sure that I buy that.  All the time  may
mean, as had been pointed out, that there is gas in the float.   Intermittent
may mean that there is piece of debris in the chamber that  finds its way in
the way every so often.  Also previously mentioned.   I have the 'after the car
sits for a while' problem and opening the bowl reveals  a little gummy stuff
that keeps it from working properly.  My bet is that  since it is only and
always one carb that you have a leaking float with gas in  it. You don't even
need to take the carbs off or disconnect the lines to  check it out.  I prefer
the rap on top of the hex that hold the cover  rather than the side.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************You Rock! One month of free movies delivered by mail from